Using No-Code Quality platforms simplifies the lives of engineering teams and has made significant impact to the DevOps, Testing, and Release processes for them. Few of the benefits which No-code automation brings are:
- No coding requirement, anyone can create test automation within minutes
- No dependency on underlying frameworks, no need to worry about Appium, Expresso, android and iOS frameworks to create test automation, it’s encapsulated by no-code testing platforms
- Ease of use, engineers can create a test within minutes.
While this is good and already reduces time spent on testing by 90%, we thought what if we could take this a step further? What if you didn’t need to create the tests again even when UI changes or want to A/B Test different UI’s? Engineering teams end up creating a lot of test cases which mostly have repeated or common steps across different use cases and we wanted to further cut down the time spent on creating these. Today we are introducing Templates in Sofy, which helps engineering teams with:
- Reusable components so that test sections can be reused, modified as needed.
- Maintenance of test cases, product changes all the time and no code test automation should be able to adapt to those changes without the need to re-create them from scratch.
What is Template?
Sofy’s template is a subset of no-code automation test steps that can be created and reused in other automated tests. In this blog, we will cover how to create templates, edit existing templates, and reuse in other automated tests.
Creating a Template:
- Create any no-code test on the Sofy platform.
- Create template from any existing automation
a. You can now take any start and end screen to create a Template, under No-Code Automation and clicking on Templateb. Click on “Add new” and that will give you options to select one of the automated tests that you can use to create “Template”, name and select one of the previously created automated test
c. Select the start and end screen. Then click on Save
Your new template is now available to be used in your future test automation.
Editing a template:
- Select one of the already created template
Once selected you can perform several editing actions on template, following are available for editing templates:
- Add or remove screens
- Add and remove timeouts
- Add Asserts on any screen
Reusing template in other automation tests
Go to No-Code test automation on the left panel and click on Test Cases. On the new screen with all Test Cases, click on Edit button on the Test Case you want to edit. This will open the Edit screen and at the bottom you will see all the available templates.
Drag any templates next to the screen that you want to add, and template will be added and executed for each run.
You can similarly create new tests from scratch as well using the same workflow.
Now run tests at scale without worrying about product changes that require changes in test automation. Cut down the time needed for development and maintenance and focus on core development.